The Best Internet Browser for Windows Vista 64-Bit
I want to take another look at the best internet browser for Windows Vista 64-bit as I wrote this article shortly after starting Useful Windows. Let’s just say a lot has changed between now and then. Windows Vista helped to make 64-bit computing a household name and today almost every computer comes with a 64-bit version of Windows. Since then Vista has been replaced twice, so lets look at the best internet browser for Windows Vista 64-bit.
1. Opera 19, Opera has come a long way and the latest version are very fast. They moved from the Presto engine to Webkit (like Google Chrome and Apple Safari) and have done a nice job making Oprea one of my favorite web browsers. If you are starting to question if Google is watching your browsing habits then check out Opera.
2. Google Chrome 32, While Google has been put under scrutiny recently, I have to admit that on Windows Vista Google Chrome is very fast and works great. I am not always happy with some of the updates that Google pushes out but it is updated very often. You can not look at web browsers for Windows Vista and not take a look at Chrome.
3. Mozilla Firefox 26, Firefox dared to challenge the dominant player years ago and has never stooped. The current version is still just fantastic and if the other two browsers are not your thing then you need to consider Firefox.
4. Internet Explorer 9 64-bit, While Internet Explorer 9 has been a great improvement over earlier versions it is not as standards compliant as the newer versions available in Windows 7 and 8.X. That being said it is still a great option for Windows Vista as most sites work fine in it. For the sake of security, even if you do not use Internet Explorer you need to keep it updated since it is part of Vista. I suggest you download Internet Explorer today.
5. KDE Konqueror 4.10, Konqueror will be familiar to many Linux users. It does not have a standalone installer but is part of the KDE software, however you can choose to just install the base apps. While the new version of Konqueror is better than versions past I think all the other browsers listed above do a better job. Still if you want check out the KDE on Windows Initiative.
There are still great options for Windows Vista and I think you will find the best internet browser for Windows Vista 64-bit that works for you. I also want to say thank you to my friend Ed W. who let me use his computer running Windows Vista 64-bit years ago when I first wrote this article, I am glad to have the resources today to write these articles but I am even more glad for friends like him.
Check out the best internet browser for Windows Vista 32-bit
If you are still using it, check out the best internet browser for Windows XP Professional X64 Edition
Looking to upgrade, check out the best internet browser for Windows 7